April 11, 2017

Suite & Succulent.

For quite some time, I've wanted to venture into the world of succulent arrangements! I've seen countless beautiful succulent wreaths, planters, and vertical arrangements but never took the leap to actually do something! But that changed a few weeks ago when I ventured down to the LA Flower Mart and walked away with about $50 worth of succulents!
My Ikea Large Shopping Bag came in quite handy as I walked around the market scoping out prices and trying to find the best deal! Eventually I found a vendor that I liked and starting picking out my favorites. Once I got home, I got straight to work and since I was covered in succulent soil, I didn't take any pictures of the mess I made the process. 
Here are a few of the arrangements I made...not too shabby for my first attempt but I definitely see how I might do things differently next time around. I think I need to put more plants into each arrangement and I need more filler....like these String of Pearls! I didn't spot any of those at the flower mart so I might need to buy those and just grow my own!
I made this one using a ceramic pot I picked at a local art show and worked on getting them closer to together...but again those pearls would have made it so much prettier! 

In the process of planting, many of the plants lost some of their leaves so I thought I'd try to grow my own through propagation. I did a bit of research and figured it sounded easy enough! You just take your cuttings and lay them on a thin layer of soil and then just let them to their thing...
I sprayed them with a water bottle once every other day and placed them indoors in a bright but indirect light and then after a week or so, this happened...
A little baby succulent starting growing!! I need to keep reading up on what to do after they get to this stage, but I'm pretty sure I leave them like this until the mama leaf dies. But don't worry...I'll definitely keep you updated!! 

19 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the helpful information you supply to your articles. I'll bookmark your weblog and test again here regularly. I am fairly certain I'll be informed many new stuff proper here!
    Best of luck for the following! 바카라사이트

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing excellent information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! It was really an Informational Article, keep it up! thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  5. so I think it will help a lot. I leave my blog address below. Please visit once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am confident they will be benefited from this site

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a very good site, well constructed and very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy your web’s topic. Very creative and friendly for users.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is in reality a nice and helpful piece of information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really very beneficial tips are provided here and, Thank you so much. Keep up the good works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks and Best of luck to your next Blog in future.

    ReplyDelete

  14. "I would like to thanks' for the efforts you have put in writing this blog.

    ReplyDelete

  15. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

  16. Thank you for your explanation, very good content

    ReplyDelete